Want to motivate your students and raise awareness for your Career Center?
Dear College Career Center Leader-
- Are you tired of low student attendance at your career events?
- Do you want to motivate your students to take action sooner for their careers?
- Do you want to increase awareness, traffic, and engagement for your Career Center?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, The Dream Job College Tour is designed for you. Send an email to Pete@DreamJobAcademy.com to learn how your college can join The Dream Job College Tour.
- “Pete Leibman has a gift for taking an overwhelming, boring topic [job search] and teaching it in a way that is engaging, inspiring, easy to understand, and effective.” – Vik Krishnan, Recent Grad from Harvard Business School
- “Pete took all the information about my career that my parents and teachers have been trying to explain to me, but he put it in words understandable to an 18 year old.” – Gabriella Tancona, Freshman at Salisbury University
FAQ: What is The Dream Job College Tour, and how will it help our Career Center and our students/alumni?
The Dream Job College Tour is Pete Leibman's nationwide speaking/book tour. The goals of the tour are to motivate your students to action sooner for their careers and to increase awareness, traffic, and engagement for your Career Center. All tour events include the following:
- Free Event Marketing Support.
- Live presentations by Author, Pete Leibman: Programs can be delivered for your students, alumni, and/or staff and will be customized based on your audience. You can book the full-day option (up to 3 hours of live presentations plus unlimited Q&A) or the keynote option (up to 60 minutes plus unlimited Q&A).
- Q&A and Book Signing: Pete stays after every presentation to sign books for attendees and to answer all questions.
- Over 97% of students surveyed say they would recommend Pete's programs to their friends.
- Over 96% of students surveyed say they feel “more confident” after attending Pete's programs.
- Over 93% of students surveyed say that they are “more likely to visit the Career Center” after attending Pete's programs.
FAQ: How is Pete qualified to give career advice to our students/alumni, and how is Pete different from other speakers?
First of all, Pete knows how students and recent grads think (and how to motivate them) because he is part of their generation. Here are 5 more reasons why thousands of higher ed leaders from all over the world trust Pete for advice on helping students go from college to career:
- Published Author and Career Thought Leader: Pete is the Author of “I Got My Dream Job and So Can You: 7 Steps to Creating Your Ideal Career After College” (published by the American Management Association in NY in 2012). His work has also been endorsed through Fox, CBS, CNN, and other major media outlets.
- Popular College Speaker: Pete has been invited to speak to students and recent grads at colleges all over the U.S., including top schools like Stanford University and Johns Hopkins University. Over 97% of students surveyed said they “would recommend Pete’s programs to their friends.”
- Trusted Advisor for Higher Ed: Pete has done live presentations and webinars for hundreds of higher ed leaders from associations such as NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers), NCDA (National Career Development Association), NACADA (National Academic Advising Association), and many others.
- Career Event Creator: Pete is the Creator of The Washington Wizards’ Sports Careers Day, a live career event attended by more than 25,000 students since 2004.
- Dream Job Getter: Pete landed his first dream job as a front-office NBA executive when he was only 21 years old.
FAQ: We really struggle to get students to attend our career events. Is the Dream Job College Tour for us?
Most groups participate in The Dream Job College Tour because they have trouble getting students to attend their career events.
Pete has taught hundreds of career center leaders how to increase student attendance at career events, and he will work with you to create an event marketing strategy that will generate a great turnout for your event as well.
FAQ: What’s the typical turnout for a Dream Job College Tour event?
While we obviously can’t guarantee how many of your students will attend your event, schools that utilize Pete’s proven event marketing strategies usually get at least 150-200 students to attend his presentations. (Note: Pete has spoken to audiences as large as 4,000+ students, so you can invite as many of your students as you like.)
FAQ: Our budget is very limited. How can we finance a Dream Job College Tour event?
Most Career Centers finance their tour events through on-campus or off-campus partners. Common funding sources include corporate sponsors, alumni/donors, academic departments, Alumni Relations, Student Activities, Greek Life, Residential Life, Athletics, or student groups. There are many sources on your campus that could fund your event with Pete.
FAQ: Couldn't we just have our staff or a local HR rep as our speaker?
If the main attraction for your career event is an HR rep from a local small business or a staff person that students have access to every day of the year, it’s going to be very hard to create urgency and excitement for students to attend your event.
This is not a criticism of your staff or the local HR professional. It’s just reality. When you bring in a young, marketable speaker that students don’t normally have access to, it’s much easier to create urgency and excitement, both among students and faculty. The result is a much larger turnout for your event and a much larger impact.
FAQ: What will students/alumni learn by attending Pete's program?
Pete's most popular program for students and young alumni is called "Seal the Deal: 6 SIMPLE Steps to Get Your Dream Job." Pete also has programs for students and young alumni that focus solely on Networking, Interviewing, and LinkedIn, and related topics on going from college to career.
FAQ: What do others have to say about Pete Leibman’s work?
Feedback from higher ed leaders:
- "Pete Leibman takes a clear approach to guide you step by step along the journey to understanding what is possible, practical, and promising for your future." - Dr. Nido Qubein, President of High Point University
- "I don't even know where to begin when I talk about the impact that Pete Leibman had on our students." - Naomi Kinley, Director of Career Development at St. Francis College
- "Whether or not you know what your dream job is, whether or not you know how to achieve your dream, Pete Leibman’s stories and advice will help show you the way." - Freeman Hrabowski, III, President of University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
Feedback from students and recent grads:
- "I really liked how passionate Pete was and how much he really seemed to care." - Randy Sterk, Student at Grace College and Theological Seminary
- "Practical and simple... made my goals seem realistic. I'm excited to succeed!" -Devonne Franklin, Student Member of Golden Key International Honor Society
- “Pete's presentation was the best presentation I have heard in my 3 years at Johns Hopkins.” – Brett Schwartz, Student at Johns Hopkins University
Feedback from industry leaders:
- "Pete Leibman is the Michael Jordan of job searching!" - Jerry Murphy, Vice President, National Basketball Association
- "Pete Leibman's proven ideas will save you a fortune in time and money." - Brian Tracy, New York Times Best-Selling Author of "Maximum Achievement"
- "Pete Leibman's book will be a classic as long as people want to find work that helps them make a living and a difference." - Sam Horn, Best-Selling Author of "Concrete Confidence"
Want to motivate your students and increase awareness for your Career Center? Send an email to Pete@DreamJobAcademy.com to learn how you can join The Dream Job College Tour.